STAY CONNECTED WITH MJH LIBRARY!
Follow @mjhlibrary on Twitter
Subscribe to REMIND Text: 81010 | Message: @MJHL
The mission of the Library Media Center is to provide an environment where lifelong habits of learning, self-improvement and self-expression are encouraged and where patrons can meet their educational, informational and recreational needs. Through this process we will help equip learners with skills to navigate an information rich world. The Library responds to the needs of users by providing clean and inviting buildings, well-organized and up-to-date collections, friendly professional service and well-trained staff.
To carry out this mission, Library Media Specialists, administrators and learning leaders will work together to ensure that learners can effectively locate, access, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and communicate information and ideas.
The Library Media Center:
- Provides access for learners to visit the library media center on an individual, small group, and large group basis, as needed
- Allows information skills to be taught at the point of need in a meaningful context that meets a curricular objectives
- Promotes a partnership between the Library Media Specialist, instructional coordinators, and teachers to integrate the use of resources and facilities into the daily instructional plan
- Involves learners in making meaningful connections between classroom learning and information skills
- Allows learners and learning leaders to utilize the Library Media Center resources and current technology independently
- Provides staff development in building reading and information literacy and enhancing learning through technology
Learners will actively use the processes and skills to apply and communicate information as lifelong learners in a changing world.