STAY CONNECTED WITH MJH LIBRARY!
Follow the MJH Library: @MJH_Library on Twitter
Check out books using your Destiny Account
Library Goals and Mission
Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Library Media Center is to provide an environment where lifelong habits of learning, self-improvement, and self-expression are encouraged and where patrons can meet their educational, informational, and recreational needs. Through this process, we will help equip learners with skills to navigate an information-rich world. The Library responds to the needs of users by providing clean and inviting buildings, well-organized and up-to-date collections, friendly professional service, and well-trained staff.
To carry out this mission, Library Media Specialists, administrators, and learning leaders will work together to ensure that learners can effectively locate, access, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and communicate information and ideas.
The Library Media Center:
- Provides access for learners to visit the library media center on an individual, small group, and large group basis, as needed
- Allows information skills to be taught at the point of need in a meaningful context that meets curricular objectives
- Promotes a partnership between the Library Media Specialist, instructional coordinators, and teachers to integrate the use of resources and facilities into the daily instructional plan
- Involves learners in making meaningful connections between classroom learning and information skills
- Allows learners and learning leaders to utilize the Library Media Center resources and current technology independently
- Provides staff development in building reading and information literacy and enhancing learning through technology
Learners will actively use the processes and skills to apply and communicate information as lifelong learners in a changing world.
Books & Print Resources:
Magnolia Junior High Library offers over 15,000 print resources ranging from fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, biographies, reference materials, and more for our students to use daily.
- Students may check-out up to 2 print resources from the library at one time.
- The students may keep their resources up to 30 days before they need to return or renew the items.
- A student MAY NOT check-out any resources if they have ANY items overdue on their account.
- Students may create their own library account to take advantage of many more check-out features and stay up-to-date with their checked out materials. Follow this link for more information on Creating a Library Account with Destiny:
- Students may access the library before school from 6:45 am - 7:20 am, during lunch, or after school from 2:35 pm - 3:15 pm daily. In addition, every student visits the library through their English class on regular rotation throughout the school year.
Magnolia Junior High Library offers the student the ability to find resources digitally through a variety of platforms and databases. Please visit the Research Link Page to find out about our digital resources. Many of our digital resources are accessible across multiple devices and some feature the ability to use the resources offline too!
Overview of a few of our digital resources:
- Discovery Education
- TexQuest: Gale Database
- TexQuest: Adam Matthew
- TexQuest: Britannica Online
- If any of the sites are password protected please stop in and see the librarian, Ms. Gonzales
Magnolia Junior High Library offers students many technology devices to aid in their research and project designs. Students may use the devices in the library on their own before school, during lunch, after school, or with a pass from their teacher if visiting the library during class time.
Devices available for student use for research, class assignments, or projects:
- Library Chromebooks- the library has 20 Chromebooks the students can use in the library.
- Printer- The library has one black/white network printer the students can use in the library.
Magnolia Junior High Library offers students various supplies to use while in the library to finish a class assignment or project.
Supplies offered to use in the library:
- Map Pencils
- Plain Paper
- Colored Paper
- Posters (while the supplies last)
Makerspaces are "Do IT Yourself" stations that offer you the chance to create, invent, and learn through various hands-on activities!!
Builder Mondays: Do you enjoy engineering or constructional design?
Creative Tuesdays:Do you like are or creating your own projects?
Mustangs For Christ Wednesdays: Do you want to be inspired and encouraged through interactive fellowship?
Mustangs READ Thursdays: Do you LOVE all things BOOKS? Join the book or anime club!
UIL Spelling: Are you great at spelling or memorizing words?